Neuigkeiten:

Forum upgraded auf Version 2.1.2 :)

Hauptmenü

Begonnen von sp3rtz, 12. April 2004, 09:21:00

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

sp3rtz

The time has come for us to unveil our proposed game plan for the new Realm Ability System. We understand that this is very important to the Camelot community and we realize that we're making some very large changes here. We welcome feedback (please consider this part of New Frontiers when you send your Herald Feedback Form), and anticipate making changes based on your analysis and your beta testing. Please, read carefully - and understand that this is just a proposal, released several weeks early for you to examine and comment upon. It's not the final document.

Here's the chart: Proposed Realm Abilities System Chart.

As you can see, the new Realm Ability system is built on the foundation of the original RA system. Many RAs have been changed or removed (some not completely disappearing, but becoming automatically granted character abilities) and several new RAs have been added. Of course, with a redesign like this, we'll be refunding ALL of your realm ability points so that you can start in New Frontiers with a completely clean slate.

Read on! We'll explain the new design of some of the abilities here. This isn't by any means a full analysis of every change, but it should give you some idea of where the designers were coming from as they thought and planned.

Purge. The Purge realm ability is still part of the system, but entirely redesigned for better balance. Purge now has three levels, costing 5, 10, and 15 points respectively.

Purge I works as it did in the old RA system, with two exceptions: there is a five second delay between when Purge is selected and when it actually removes the negative effect. This means that Purge I will not be particularly useful versus combat effects such as stun, but will still be a useful defense against long mesmerize effects. Also, where the original purge was on a thirty minute timer, the new Level I Purge is on a fifteen minute timer.

The net result: Purge I costs five points, is usable every fifteen minutes, and has the drawback of the five second "wind up" time before going off.

Purge II is the same as Purge I with the five second delay removed. Basically, it works exactly as Purge does in the old system, with half the timer.

The net result: Purge II costs ten points, has a fifteen minute timer, no delay, and a prerequisite of Purge I.

Purge III is the same as Purge II, except the reuse timer is a short and sweet five minutes. Sounds amazing! Purge every five minutes? The designed "trade off" is that a character must essentially commit to having this ability and few others - thirty points is almost a third of all the realm ability points a character can ever earn.

The net result: Purge III costs fifteen points, has a five minute timer, no delay, and a prerequisite of Purge II.

Group Purge. This ability has been removed from the game. Personal Purge is now more accessible to more people in its lowest form (only five points for the first level), and more powerful to those who wish to commit the points (usable every five minutes for the third level). Leaving group purge in the game would be a little too much.

Stoicism. An example of a realm ability we've changed to an inherent character ability is Stoicism. The new Stoicism is given to all tanks and light tanks (defined as the Hero, Warrior, Armsman, Mercenary, Berserker, Blademaster, and Savage classes) as a baseline passive ability once they reach level 35. (Baseline here means those classes get it no matter how they are specialized.) Stoicism now gives these classes a flat 25% reduction in duration to all crowd control spells cast on them.

Determination. Like Purge, Determination still exists as a realm ability, but it has been redesigned. There are now five levels of Determination, costing 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14 points respectively. The percentage reduction in crowd control duration granted by Determination happens to match the cost of each level - 1, 3, 6, 10, or 14 percent. The percentages stack with one another for a cumulative total.

Thus, Determination IV will grant a 20% reduction in the duration of crowd control spells at a cost of 20 points (1+3+6+10).

Determination will stack with Stoicism, by the way. So a 35th or higher level tank/light tank who wants to spend 34 RA points (remember, that's more than a third of the realm ability points their character can ever possibly have) will receive a total bonus of 59% in crowd control reduction - 25% from Stoicism + 34% from Determination V.

Mastery of Concentration. Another old favorite that still exists in a new form is Mastery of Concentration. In the old system, MoC is available every thirty minutes and prevents interruptions for fifteen seconds. The old cost is 14 points in addition to the pre-requisite of Augment Acuity III (another ten RA points).

Now, Mastery of Concentration is available for use every ten minutes and lasts for thirty seconds. There is no pre-requisite purchase any more, so the total cost to the player is 5, 10, and 15 points for each of the three respective levels. Of course, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

MoC I, while allowing the caster 30 seconds of uninterruptible casting, now comes with the trade off that all spells cast during that time will be 25% as effective. For example, let's say you cast a nuke for what would normally be 400 points. With the new MoC I, you cannot be interrupted as you do 100 points of damage to your target, as many times as you can cast the spell in thirty seconds. The 25% number applies during other types of spells as well. If you mesmerize an enemy player for 60 seconds normally (but with the risk of interruption), then the mez will only last for 15 seconds if cast while MoC I is active.

MoC II costs an additional ten RA points, and allows the caster 50% of his normal effectiveness.

MoC III, which costs a total of 30 points (5 + 10 + 15), will allow a caster to cast with no interruptions for thirty seconds every ten minutes at 75% effectiveness.

Dodger. We are removing Dodger from the game. Here's an attempt to explain what will no doubt raise a number of questions.

The trouble with Dodger is that it works too well in some cases and not at all in others. For example, since evade is capped at 50%, an infiltrator who gets Dodger IV is wasting his points, since he's already capping at 50% in most situations. One exception - when that infiltrator is fighting a class with high weapon skill, like a hero or warrior. In this case, the infiltrator's chance to evade is modified downward by the tank's weapon skill. The problem there is that, instead of starting with 50% and moving down the infiltrator's *capped* evade chance, the weapon skill is applied to the infiltrators *modified* evade chance (in this case, like 85% or so) bringing it down by maybe 15 or 20%. (so now it's a 65% chance to evade) Unfortunately, this has absolutely no effect since the infiltrator is still capped at 50% evade. So this means that an infiltrator can evade a hero's spear as often as he evades a runemaster's staff (50%) if he has some points in dodger.

This works the same way even for classes with fewer levels of inherent evade, although to a much lesser degree.

If we find during the testing of New Frontiers that classes with fewer levels of evade are performing poorly (a performance problem disguised by Dodger), we will address as a class balance issue, not a Realm Ability issue.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– That's it for now. Please keep in mind that these new Realm Abilities are still being implemented and balanced. The designs may change based on internal and beta testing feedback, and others may change as we find better or less complex ways of coding them into the game.

We really look forward to receiving community feedback on the new system. To prove it: In addition to the normal avenues, we've set up a special email address at RAreview@mythicentertainment.com where you may also send your feedback.

Keep an eye on this section as it evolves - we'll add to it to answer your questions.

sp3rtz

Zitat von: "Thaira"

Purge. The Purge realm ability is still part of the system, but entirely redesigned for better balance. Purge now has three levels, costing 5, 10, and 15 points respectively.

Purge I works as it did in the old RA system, with two exceptions: there is a five second delay between when Purge is selected and when it actually removes the negative effect. This means that Purge I will not be particularly useful versus combat effects such as stun, but will still be a useful defense against long mesmerize effects. Also, where the original purge was on a thirty minute timer, the new Level I Purge is on a fifteen minute timer.

The net result: Purge I costs five points, is usable every fifteen minutes, and has the drawback of the five second "wind up" time before going off.

Purge II is the same as Purge I with the five second delay removed. Basically, it works exactly as Purge does in the old system, with half the timer.

The net result: Purge II costs ten points, has a fifteen minute timer, no delay, and a prerequisite of Purge I.

Purge III is the same as Purge II, except the reuse timer is a short and sweet five minutes. Sounds amazing! Purge every five minutes? The designed "trade off" is that a character must essentially commit to having this ability and few others - thirty points is almost a third of all the realm ability points a character can ever earn.

The net result: Purge III costs fifteen points, has a five minute timer, no delay, and a prerequisite of Purge II.

Group Purge. This ability has been removed from the game. Personal Purge is now more accessible to more people in its lowest form (only five points for the first level), and more powerful to those who wish to commit the points (usable every five minutes for the third level). Leaving group purge in the game would be a little too much.

Stoicism. An example of a realm ability we've changed to an inherent character ability is Stoicism. The new Stoicism is given to all tanks and light tanks (defined as the Hero, Warrior, Armsman, Mercenary, Berserker, Blademaster, and Savage classes) as a baseline passive ability once they reach level 35. (Baseline here means those classes get it no matter how they are specialized.) Stoicism now gives these classes a flat 25% reduction in duration to all crowd control spells cast on them.

Determination. Like Purge, Determination still exists as a realm ability, but it has been redesigned. There are now five levels of Determination, costing 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14 points respectively. The percentage reduction in crowd control duration granted by Determination happens to match the cost of each level - 1, 3, 6, 10, or 14 percent. The percentages stack with one another for a cumulative total.

Thus, Determination IV will grant a 20% reduction in the duration of crowd control spells at a cost of 20 points (1+3+6+10).

Determination will stack with Stoicism, by the way. So a 35th or higher level tank/light tank who wants to spend 34 RA points (remember, that's more than a third of the realm ability points their character can ever possibly have) will receive a total bonus of 59% in crowd control reduction - 25% from Stoicism + 34% from Determination V.

Mastery of Concentration. Another old favorite that still exists in a new form is Mastery of Concentration. In the old system, MoC is available every thirty minutes and prevents interruptions for fifteen seconds. The old cost is 14 points in addition to the pre-requisite of Augment Acuity III (another ten RA points).

Now, Mastery of Concentration is available for use every ten minutes and lasts for thirty seconds. There is no pre-requisite purchase any more, so the total cost to the player is 5, 10, and 15 points for each of the three respective levels. Of course, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

MoC I, while allowing the caster 30 seconds of uninterruptible casting, now comes with the trade off that all spells cast during that time will be 25% as effective. For example, let's say you cast a nuke for what would normally be 400 points. With the new MoC I, you cannot be interrupted as you do 100 points of damage to your target, as many times as you can cast the spell in thirty seconds. The 25% number applies during other types of spells as well. If you mesmerize an enemy player for 60 seconds normally (but with the risk of interruption), then the mez will only last for 15 seconds if cast while MoC I is active.

MoC II costs an additional ten RA points, and allows the caster 50% of his normal effectiveness.

MoC III, which costs a total of 30 points (5 + 10 + 15), will allow a caster to cast with no interruptions for thirty seconds every ten minutes at 75% effectiveness.

:shock:  mal schaun wie sich das auf mich als cc'ler auswirkt

Idefix/Druifix

wenn ich das so lesse wird der gp kanns weg kommen und moc solte besser werden.

moc:
wird teuerer und evectiver.kann mann öfters als alle halbe stunde benutzen.
Intelligenz ist Wissen wo man nachzuschauen hat

Idefix/Druifix

Intelligenz ist Wissen wo man nachzuschauen hat

tkey

Zitatmal schaun wie sich das auf mich als cc'ler auswirkt

naja niemand wird mehr länger als 5sek im mezz stehen wenn alle 15min die 5sek version von purge für lausige 5punkte zu haben ist hat das sicher jeder  rr2 char gleich nach mcl

Manny

ziemlich englisch das ganze
:-)

Trin

so wie ich das gelesen habe ide wird moc weniger effektiv, moc1 macht nurnoch ein viertel schaden, zwei 50% und 3 75%, das dafür 30 sekunden, aber mit gleichen manakosten^^

det is mit 1% / punkt viel zu teuer.... das is echt sehr böse für tanks, weil das hat sich in nem längeren kampf locker 5-10 mal rentiert wenn man det auf 4 oder 5 hatte^^ purge kann da auch bei alle 5 minuten nciht mithalten denke ich, und ncoh dazu hat man dann enorme Kosten dafür^^

und.. dodger haben doch eh kaum noch asseln, sondern die die's brauchen^^